STORE MANAGER IN TRAINING
Zale Corporation is a leading specialty retailer of fine jewelry in North America, operating approximately 1,800 retail locations throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as online. Zale Corporation’s family of brands includes Zales Jewelers, Zales Outlet, Gordon's Jewelers, Peoples Jewellers, Mappins Jewellers, and Piercing Pagoda.
Zale Corporation offers exciting career opportunities in each of the Zale businesses. We look for bright, enthusiastic and performance-driven people to join our team and become an important part of our future. We provide competitive wages and benefits for eligible positions.
Responsible for training to manage the day to day operations of a single store in order to achieve all sales, profitability, customer satisfaction, inventory control, brand representation, and associate development goals, as well as to maximize results of the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training with a current Store Manager to learn the following:
- Support and communicate the strategic relevance of corporate initiatives and execute corporate plans to produce desired results. Ask questions to ensure full understanding of strategy and process. Ensure the staff understands how the goals will be achieved.
- Observe operations to identify successes and opportunities for improvement. Recognize strengths and identify the root cause of operational problems. Coach the store staff to address and correct the root cause of the operational or team issue.
- Coach the store staff to instill understanding of brand image and to ensure consistent representation of the brand in customer interactions and execution of store visuals
- Empower the store staff to respond to and resolve customer issues
- Provide effective training to the store staff in the areas of operational guidelines, sales techniques, customer service, product knowledge, inventory control, and visual merchandising displays. Create a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Set actionable goals for self and others. Communicate performance expectations, and ensure all staff members understand the impact of their performance on store success. Monitor progress and learning of staff and evaluate performance against standards. Coach staff through success, opportunities, and skill development.
- Identify sources of and recruit talent to ensure availability of staff to serve the customers. Hire qualified candidates and schedule work hours to ensure efficient and profitable store operations. Ensure accuracy of employee data in system records.
- Work with Zale Corporation Store Managers in the same mall or general vicinity to foster an environment of open communication, collaboration, efficient use of resources, and accomplishment of shared objectives.
- Review and analyze store reports. Identify trends, opportunities, and available resources and develop action plans to address issues. Implement initiatives that will change behaviors to produce results.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Zale Corporation guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- In training to supervise a staff of 3 to 10 employees in a single retail location.
- This job is training to be responsible for the overall operation and sales performance of the unit.